Tourism Updates & News
Pictured here is MBACC President and CEO Karen Riordan (Third from left) and S.C. Sen. Greg Hembree (Second from right) with representatives from Wings for All, MYR and Spirit Airlines during the Wings for All training event at MYR.
The Southeast Tourism Society (STS) recently announced that it presented the Myrtle Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB), which operates the Visit Myrtle Beach brand, with its annual Tourism Office of the Year award. The recognition is one of sixteen...
Free event Offers Family Fun & Tasting Ticket Options Organizers for the Beach 'n Chili Fest announced today a return to Myrtle Beach, S.C., this fall for their 55th Annual World Championship Chili Cook-off (WCCC) on Sept. 23-25, 2022, at Burroughs & Chapin...
Ryan Koskinen contributed to this story. Images by John Muse at Visit Myrtle Beach. ESPN Events, producers of the annual Myrtle Beach Bowl, teamed up with the City of Myrtle Beach and the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce (MBACC) and Convention and Visitors Bureau...
The Hangout Restaurant Now Open, Part Of Broadway's New Key West Village On June 15, 2022, the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce (MBACC) and Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) welcomed the community to the official ribbon-cutting ceremony and grand-opening...
'The Beach is for everyBODY: Sensory-Friendly Pledge' designed to expand the Grand Strand community’s programming for autism families Local businesses are encouraged to sign up and pledge their support of residents and visitors with autism, sensory processing...
- June 30, 2022 – Construction Continues at The Market Common, New Businesses on the Way (WMBF)
- June 22, 2022 – Northern Horry County Food distributor announces $3.7M expansion, 71 new jobs (The Post & Courier)
- June 22, 2022 – Myrtle Beach Downtown Alliance Hosts Discussion About New Downtown Projects (WPDE)
- June 8, 2022 – Horry County Passes Budget with Major Raises for Workers and No Tax Increases (The Sun News)
- June 2, 2022 – $75M Carolina Forest SC 31 interchange scheduled for fall 2023 construction (The Post & Courier)
- Feb. 1, 2022 – ‘People need to travel’: Myrtle Beach Chamber hopes to build on successful 2021 (WMBF)
- July 28, 2021 – New Lanes Of Carolina Forest Boulevard To Open July 31; Work To Continue On Multi-Use Path (WBTW)
- June 9, 2021 – Construction On Postal Way Project Set To Begin Next Month (MyHorryNews.com)
- June 2, 2021 – Carolina Forest Interchange, Little River Boardwalk Among Projects Funded In County’s New Infrastructure Plan (MyHorryNews.com)
- March 17, 2021 – U.S. 501 Makeover In Myrtle Beach Begins To Take Shape; Number Of Roads Being Repaved (The Post & Courier)