Fast Facts About Myrtle Beach Tourism
How many annual visitors?
- 17.95 million (2015 estimate per D.K. Shifflet)
How many passengers through Myrtle Beach International Airport?
- Enplanements: 970,886 (2016)
- Deplanements: 972, 041 (2016)
How many golf courses?
How many rounds of golf played annually?
- Approximately 2.7 million (2016 estimate)
How many miniature golf courses?
How many full-service restaurants?
- Approximately 1,800 full service restaurants
(in Horry & Georgetown counties)
How many live entertainment theaters?
- 8, with a total of over 11,577 seats
How many hotels?
How many rooms for rent during peak season?
- Approximately 110,000 accommodations
(approx. 53,000 represent hotel/motel only)
Tax Impact to both Horry and Georgetown Counties?
- Accommodation taxes: $22.4 million
- Admissions taxes: $10.7 million
How many outlet stores?